Monday, March 8, 2010

98-100

No, this blog entry contains little to no information about crafts or cute unborn children. Although, it seems like I literally, and I mean literally in the figurative sense that is so popular these days with people, cannot take a step without someone other than us having a newborn child. I know I will look back on this time before the baby and wish I would have enjoyed it more but I haven't become too anxious.

This post is about a passion of mine, which I realize causes about 98-100% to suddenly lose interest in what I'm writing but that's about 100% more people than are usually listening to me.

I was coming home from home teaching a few nights ago and found myself parked at home but unable to leave the car. At first I thought I was having some sort of physical malfunction or at very least a strong paranormal activity but then realized it was the draw of the music coming through my speakers that I could not leave.

The Bruce Springsteen that many of you know is a man best associated with Born in the U.S.A. Working man songs laced in poppy rock. This is perfectly accurate, for about two of his albums. As I sat listening to a song off of his first album I knew that I had been caught with his scratchy siren song and it did not bid me to stay seated in the car, rather it left me no choice but to finish the song or suffer the wrath of the rock god. "Lost in the Flood" is a song that might take many by surprise knowing its origin. It is a song that does not asked to be liked it reaches into your guts and rips respect from you.

Below is a recording of the last 2/3 of the song. I clipped the beginning hoping that if any one here does decided to give it a listen they will move straight to the meat of it. Its often hard to listen to 5 minutes of an artist you don't know very well playing a song you don't know.

Here it is. And it is SA-weet. I guarantee you will like it.*
If you really want to rock skip it to 1:05
* guarantee is not actauly guaranteed.

No comments: