Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pool

We went swimming a few times this month. At first we swam and Nate watched. Little did we know, we were leaving him out of the fun he wanted to be apart of. Nathaniel doesn't like cold things. He won't eat anything that isn't at least room temperature, so imagine our surprise when had a blast playing in the pool. And when I say a blast I mean mild fun. He did like it though. He kicked and laughed and had a great time. He loved being propelled through the water and that feeling of a hundred pound diaper.

Today, however, we found out something Nate doesn't like. Our primary is preparing for the primary program and I had Nate with me so I could show him the ropes. Knowing he'd be in primary soon I wanted to point out the do's and don'ts. Ya know, what social mistakes to stay away from and which girls aren't worth the trouble, things like that.

As the kids practiced their songs, and by practice I mean stood around confused and tired while mouthing some lyrics here and there, Nate sat in silence and seemed to enjoy the music. That is until a certain song. As the kids began to sing the haunting and cult-like "Follow the Prophet" Nate began to cry. I don't blame him, what a bizarre song to have a bunch of kids sing. If anti-mormon groups want to stick it to us they could just film a primary singing that song and even I might be convinced we're a dangerous cult.

Anyway, to the video of Nate.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

We are practicing for that, too. This is probably the 10th primary program with which I have been associated in an official capacity and it always looks and sounds really bad--until peformance time. Thank goodness for miracles.

Jeanette Millward said...

You're right on about that song. Who approved that for the Children's Songbook anyway??

Analisa Green said...

why does the video taken on my camera look like it's from the 1950s?